Senior’s Last Day of Highschool

High school. A place wherein 4 years you’ll change, understand yourself, and discover things you never knew existed. The journey, for some people, ended today. Today is the final day of school for the Senior class. On this day, we celebrate the Class of 2020 and all their accomplishments. While students submit their last assignments for their high school career, they’re left with the freedom they’ve been longing for.

Students all across the county are sharing their last moments together. Some are sharing tears of joy, others are sharing tears of sadness because their high school journey has come to an end. The exchange of pictures and videos is now taking over all social media platforms. Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, even Facebook! These former high school students are reminiscing on what they call the ‘good ol’ days’.

During such a tough time, this class has overcame a lot. Although the virus has canceled many of their events, they have shown the most pride yet through the Internet. This comes to show that nothing is impossible for the Class of 2020 and their future endeavors.

An interview for high school seniors was taken to discuss their high school experiences, what they’ll miss the most, and anything in particular. Here are they’re responses

“Wow. Honestly I am so glad that this is over. High school was so tough for me. Now don’t get me wrong, I learned a lot. Like a lot. And I’m so happy I f=met a good group of people. But going to high school is really done for me. I’m shocked. I remember when I first walked through the doors of Ely. I didn’t know that I would have all these experiences. I’m just so glad that I am done. I really can’t believe it. Wow.”

“I’m gonna miss my friends the most. We’re all going our separate ways for school in the Fall and… I’m just really, really, really gonna miss them. They’re the bestest friends a person could ever ask for. I’m lucky to have them. I hope after quarantine is over, that my friend and I can get together before we leave.”

“I didn’t like high school to be honest, but I’m happy that I’m done with it. I learned a lot in the magnet program, and since I want to be a dentist, it’s really gonna set me up for college and medical school. If I have to be brutally honest, I’m not really gonna miss anyone except for like two people (laughs) I know how bad that sounds but that is the honest truth. I’m just ready to move on.”

Although high school is over for the senior class, life is just getting started for them. Let’s all hope that they all succeed in whatever it is that they decide to do. The Blanche Ely High Graduation Ceremony will be held June 28th of this year. Based on the responses above, we know that the senior class absolutely cannot wait for that day! Horray to the class of 2020!